Why should I attend this event?
The construction industry is changing fast. Nowhere is this more evident than in the Middle East. As a region, the Gulf has always been ahead of the curve. Dubai has been home to some of the world’s most impressive construction projects in the last 50 years.
However, the average construction dispute costs $52.6million. In the Middle East, these costs are almost double.
With risks this high, you will certainly be doing everything in your power to avoid costly and disruptive disputes. Join this Masterclass and discover how to prepare and manage your projects to minimise the risk of disputes and avoid costly legal bills.
The Masterclass is unmissable for anyone working in the construction and engineering industries in 2022.
Morning – The Future of Construction and Regional Developments (0900-1230)
- The Future of Construction & Development in the Gulf – Keynote looking at the future of the region.
- Understanding the Roles of Legal Teams and Advisors (panel) – All you need to know about how legal teams work and how to get the most from them.
- Preparation for success: Contract Drafting & Baseline Programmes (Talk) – Ensuring you get things right from the outset, and avoiding mistakes others make.
- ESG and its Role in Construction & Engineering (Panel) – What do you need to know about Environmental, Social and Governance issues in the industry in 2022 and beyond?
- Working in Saudi (Panel) -What is the latest from the Kingdom and what do you need to know about how the law and culture operate?
Afternoon – Dealing with Change, Preparing and Managing Disputes (1330-1730)
- Change, Notices and Variations (Panel) – Change is inevitable on any major project. What do you need to do about it, and what is your entitlement?
- The Great Delay Debate (Panel) – Join industry leading delay analysts for a session covering all you need to know about delay analysis techniques.
- Bond Calls & Insurance (Panel) – What are the key issues in insurance and bonds in the region and what happens if you need to make a bond call or one is called on your project?
- Dispute resolution & regional courts (Panel) – In the event of a dispute, how do local laws interact with resolution methods?
- Enforcement: You Have Your Decision, Now What? (Talk) – After a dispute is formally resolved, how do you secure the redress you have been granted?
- Closing Discussions – Chaired by Vivek Kapoor. The day’s speakers join us for a final Q&A session.
5:30 – Close and networking reception at the i-Kandy Lounge, Sponsored by Secretariat.
In addition to the full timetable above, attendees at the Masterclass will receive:
- Certificate of attendance and 8 hours CPD.
- Refreshments, full lunch and evening reception.
- Networking opportunities with speakers and attendees at designated breaks throughout the day.
- Private appointments at our Construction Clinic, where our experts will be available for one-on-one advice.
- Event materials and papers.
- Invitation to join the Masterclass Alumni group.
Book before 11th Nov to take advantage of early bird rates
CIOB and RICS members can get additional discounts – see your usual communication channels or contacts for details.
How to book
With open rooftop terraces offering breath taking skyline views, two ballrooms and seven meeting rooms, all flooded with natural light, Shangri-La Hotel, Dubai provides us with a perfect setting for this event. The evening networking reception in the iKandy lounge ensures a relaxed setting for meeting and relaxing with colleagues.
Refunds are only available when the course is fully booked, and will be subject to an administration fee. Whilst we make every effort to ensure all speakers are available, it may be necessary to substitute a speaker in the event of unexpected unavailability. In the unlikely event of cancellation, a full refund will be provided.
A CPD certificate will be available to those who request them after the event. Neither Limeslade Consulting or any of its partners or the speaking team are responsible for anything said or provided at the event, the seminar does not confer any academic authority or qualification on attendees in any of the subjects discussed.